When you connect with your Divine nature and begin developing a sense of reverence for yourself, your light is amplified and radiates outward. You will be inspired to engage in compassionate service to those around you. As you progress along your spiritual path, you will become increasingly committed to integrating the work you do internally with the external world. What you do for yourself impacts others; similarly, what you do for others impacts the self. Central to our spiritual evolution is the compassionate service we can provide for others. Compassionate service refers to any act of kindness originating from the heart that has a positive impact. It is motivated by the pure intention to support and uplift. Although humanitarian work such as relief efforts in areas of war or natural disaster, fighting against hunger on a global scale, volunteering at hospice or your local animal shelter are all impactful examples, compassionate service also refers to less obvious endeavors. They don’t all have to be on a global scale. After all, our interconnectivity means the ripple effects of love-light impact each of us!
The goddess in all her forms, supports the All. Divine Feminine consciousness is protective and empowering. It reminds us that the answers are always within and as such we possess the capacity to help others and ourselves. Channeling your inner goddess can help you to dissolve self-doubt and stand with confidence in your glory. In that state, you will feel compelled to support others in their process of thriving. It is a natural outcome of being in a place of empowerment. If you are reading this, you are undoubtedly one of the brilliant souls already being pulled to uplift those around you. Below are five simple, accessible, and powerful ways to be in service like the Divine being you are.
Everyday Acts of Service
1) Environment: Try purposefully being in service to the planet. Go to your local beach or park and for a period of 10 minutes, fill one bag (any size) with trash.
2) Animals: Both domestic and wild animals remind us of our interconnection. We are a part of nature, and our animal friends call us back to this truth. As we engage in conscious connection with the animal word, we remember that we are not separate or in opposition to nature, rather we are a part of it. The animal world can speak to us when we listen. What is it saying it you? Build a bird bath in your yard, put up a hummingbird feeder, or bird house. Consider your own pet’s needs and spend more focused and deliberate time with your special friend daily. This might be an extra walk, playing a game of fetch, or an extended petting love fest.
3) Relationship: Our closest connections fuel us on so many levels and yet, they are often also the ones that we tend to neglect or at least not prioritize. When was the last time you did something special for your love? Bring them flowers, send them a note about how meaningful their support is and has been, or tell them about all the beautiful strengths they possess to help them see themselves with even more clarity.
4) Friends: Do you have friends with young children who could they really use a night out or simply some personal time? Offer to babysit for a night or afternoon to help your friends prioritize themselves. This might mean hitting the gym, going to the beach, or just getting in a much needed nap! Helping others help themselves is one if the greatest acts of service we can offer.
5) Our Wise Ones: Have you checked on the older folks in your life? Sadly, loneliness among the elderly population is very common but easily remedied if we take it upon ourselves to actively engage our wisdom keepers. Pick up the phone or drop by for a visit and bring a home cooked meal. Are there tasks around the house you could help with such as mowing their lawn or going grocery shopping for them? Show up and be present for our older loved ones and remind them how valuable they are.
Trying any or all of these options above will make a big impact and they don’t have to take long. If you would rather engage in action through prayer or meditation, be deliberate in your efforts to call in support from your goddess of choice to help transmute global aggression, bring about healing, and protect the earth and all her inhabitants.
Acts of compassionate service go hand in hand with your own evolution. Prioritize your efforts as your actions will bring about significant internal change and uplift others. Doing so will also help you embody your own beautiful Divinity.
*Inspired by the wisdom of the Sumerian Goddess Inanna, this blog is an invitation to live as she does, like an Unapologetic Heroine.
Seana Zelazo, LICSW is a psychotherapist, spiritual coach and intuitive channel committed to helping us live unapologetically, by restoring balance within and without through the wisdom of the Sumerian Goddess Inanna. Look for her upcoming book The Return of Inanna: The Unapologetic Heroine in 2022. seanazelazo.com