You are invited to be a part of our sacred circle and submit your story to the book series topic(s) of your choice. Your submission will be reviewed by our team of editors; due to space limitations, only the best stories will be chosen for inclusion in the books.
Please note that all spiritual experiences are transformational and in this series we’re mainly interested in the mystical experience that you’ve had with Spirit. Frame your hero’s journey and then focus on your Divine encounter.
- Share only your story and avoid any teaching-type narrative or promotion of your work or business. In this series, your story is the teacher.
- For your story structure, frame up what is necessary to give context to your story then begin in the “middle of the action.”
- Focus on your experience as the Divine experience is occurring.
- Write in first-person point of view using as much honest, sensory language as possible. Speak from the heart. Take readers into the present-moment experience with you, utilizing all the senses in your description. What did you feel? See? Hear? Sense? Know? Where were you when the encounter occurred? (See “Tips for Writing Your Story”, below.)
- Avoid speaking to the reader in your story. Don’t use “What do you think I did next?” type phrases.
- Your story must be true. Fiction or creative writing entries will not be accepted, nor will stories that are about someone other than yourself or “as told to.”
- Stories written as a compilation of journal entries, an essay/thesis on the topic or a journalistic/blog piece will not be accepted.
- Stories must be between 800 and 2,200 words. Tighten your language as much as possible.
- All entries must be received by September 30, 2022. Send your story early for a better chance of being selected, as only a limited number of stories will be accepted.
- All stories must be submitted through our Submissions form.
- You may submit different stories to more than one book in the Common Sentience series. Please do not submit the same story to more than one book in the Common Sentience series.
- If your story is accepted, there is no cost to you for your story to be published in the book.
- If you would like to be considered to have your name on the book cover, the cost is $998.
Writers of all faiths, backgrounds and belief systems are welcome. These books are by and for everyone from all walks of life.
Note: We are not able to respond individually to submissions. If your story is accepted, we will respond to you via email by or shortly after the closing date of the submissions window. We kindly ask that you not email us after you have submitted your story, and thank you for your patience.
Tips for Writing Your Story
- Use vivid, sensory language. Instead of writing I saw a field of flowers, write I happened upon a field of daisies and wheatgrass.
- When writing about abstract themes, use concrete imagery; e.g., I felt Spirit call to me through the pulse of the oak tree, its branches bending down in a cocoon of protection.
- Put your story in the foreground and yourself in the background. Instead of writing I couldn’t believe my eyes. The lion frightened me as it stepped onto my path, write The lion was majestic and intimidating as it approached the mountain.
- Let your nouns and verbs do the work; intermingle adjectives and adverbs only as needed and be precise. Instead of my great aunt was very funny, write she was hilarious.
- “Show” readers what is occurring, don’t “tell” them. For example, instead of writing I opened the door and a strong wind knocked me over, then the lamp on my bedside table crashed down, write A gust of wind whipped open the door, sending the bedside lamp crashing to the floor in pieces.
- Trim the fat. Eliminate words like very, rather, in my opinion, I guess/I think, sort of, etc.
- Use a warm, personal tone that is inviting to readers. Feel free to express vulnerability in your story; your readers will relate.
- Double-check your story and remove redundancies.
Author Opportunity for Name on Front Book Cover
While there is no charge to submit your story, we’ve created an opportunity for a select few who would like to invest in having their names on the front book cover along with a Featured Author. Your author investment for your name on the book cover is $998.
If your story is accepted and you feel this opportunity is right for you, it can afford you various personal and professional benefits. In addition to the list of Author Benefits below, you will also receive:
- Your name on the front book cover alongside an esteemed wisdom teacher.
- Invitation to participate in an Author Summit with the Featured Author for our Are You Spiritually Curious About video series.
- You’ll be in good company within a community of published writers.
- Inclusion of your (longer) 50-word bio.
- Ability to capitalize on the worldwide publishing success of our Common Sentience book series. All books in the series have reached best seller status, proving the world is ready to embrace our innate mystical abilities.
- The authors to be listed on the covers of our Common Sentience books are standing on the shoulders of all those who have participated in our series.
Your author investment for your name on the front book cover is $998.
Payment is not required until after your submission is accepted and any questions you might have are answered.
- Inclusion in a best-selling, first-of-its-kind book series.
- Professional editing of your submission so your work shines.
- Publication by a world-class, award-winning publisher with a track record of success.
- Your name and title listed in the book, along with your 30-word author bio or 50-word bio if your name is on a book cover.
- You retain 100% copyright ownership of your material. Our contract is non-exclusive.
- Inclusion on Amazon.com and through booksellers worldwide.
- You can order copies of the book direct from us at the author rate. The rate is up to 50% off retail, plus shipping, handling and tax. There is a minimum order of 10 books for this benefit.
Why Contribute to an Anthology Style Book Series
Anthologies are a tried-and-true, highly readable format, as the stories can be read in small doses. Whether you are a first-time or seasoned author, being part of an anthology gives you the recognition of being a published author without the stress and unknowns of doing it on your own, including:
- Author Status. Being an author affords you instant credibility and adds to your credentials for future books. You can also leverage this to uncover new opportunities and use it as a “calling card” if you are in business.
- Less Effort and Expense on Your Part. Self-publishing or traditionally publishing a full-length book is quite an endeavor and can be costly. Contributing to an anthology enables you to focus on writing your best story.
- You’re in Good Company. Your story will be included with those of other skilled writers and subject experts. Together, you will be creating a beautiful work that you can be proud of for years to come.
- Collaborative Support. Since all anthology authors will likely be promoting the book to their own networks, this helps you become known in multiple new markets.